Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let there be Light!

I got the idea from and Art teacher when I went to this Electives fair at my school where we go to different classes to pick which ones we wanted to take next year. I already knew I wanted to take art 2 so I went to the art room, and Mr. Adams (said teacher) talking about what they do in art 2, told us about drawing with white pencil on black paper - so instead of drawing in the shading, your drawing the light. I thought this was a pretty cool idea, and I wanted to try it out. Unfortunately I didn't have the black paper and white pencil required for this, but I did have a black chalk board with white chalk (or, more like my sister did) so, I decided to go with something pretty simple, just an apple. It wasn't actually as hard as I thought it was going to be, but that could be because I just drew a simple little apple. I'm probably going to do more of these later on.
 

 
Btw, incase you were wondering, I am going to participate in Illustration Friday this week. The subject is propagate.  If you do not know the meaning of this word, let me enlighten you:
Propagate:
  • To spread from person to person; 
  • To cause to increase in number or amount. 
  • To grow
What am I drawing for this? You guess:
Is it:
a) Bunnies
b) A garden
c) Zombies
d) Rodents

5 comments:

Leslie said...

i guess that it is going to be zombie bunnies in a garden chasing rodents!!

love the light and dark in your picture. the apple is very cool

Grammie/Mom said...

My answer is bunnies, because you know they like to propagate! I really like how your apple turned out. Very interesting way to do it.

Dan said...

I'll guess zombies.

Nice apple!

Elizabeth said...

Hey I never thought of that drawing technique but i think it's pretty cool. I love the way the apple turned out.... and hmmmm i figured you would do zombie too lol

Art Is Life, Life Is Art said...

very bEAUTIFUL WORK!! :-)