Saturday, December 12, 2009

Salvador Dali

Surrealism is one of my favorite kinds of art work! Salvador Dali is a great surrealist. I love the Elephants with their long, thin legs. It kinda reminds me of something from Dr. Suess. And the clocks are very cool.

"Mistakes are almost always of a sacred nature. Never try to correct them. On the contrary: rationalize them, understand them thoroughly. After that, it will be possible for you to sublimate them." ~ Salvador Dali


The Elephants



Exploding Clock




Temptation of Saint Anthony



Persistence of Time

2 comments:

Grammie/Mom said...

That exploding clock seems to fit my life. Time is just running away. Will I get everything done? Will you? :o)

Elizabeth said...

I have always found Dali to be quite interesting. Thanks for sharing these awesome paintings Q! :D