Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Doodles

You know where you can find some really interesting artwork? On the side of people's homework. You know, when your in class and your bio teacher is boring you and you start zoning out so you mindlessly doodle on the side of your paper and voila! A masterpiece revealing your innermost thoughts, desires, imagination or lack-of is created before your very unconsecrated, glazed eyes. Shamefully most of these works of art are thrown out in the garbage, or for the environmentally conscious, in the recycling - never to be seen again. :( But fortunately I, queen of doodling-in-class, saved a few of my works of art to share with all of you lucky people today :P

This is one created in Spanish, it started out as a couple swirls, then a couple more, then... well... it's hard to explain my thinking process during this because for the most part I think there was none. But it's pretty!



Again in Spanish. They're pretty robot-like figures. I start with any random shape and build on it. Voy al clase de espanol y dibujar todo el dia, pero todavia aprender mucho.


This is in biology, the most boring class ever - this picture is actually really small in real life, but I cropped it and stuff. I guess this is a house in the country on a stormy day.


This guy was created in English class - I was really tired that day and its my last class of the day so I just wanted to get it over with so I could go home. I really just started drawing something that ended up being an eye, then  pop - there's a nose then another soulless, zombie-like eye, then everything else kinda followed and I realized it really kinda matched my mood at the moment.


This I made today because I was bored in English after I finished the test early. Pretty, simple, and colorful. I was this close to throwing them in the recycling (that's right, i'm one of the environmentally conscious ones) but then I thought - nahh! I'll just post them on my blog and then I'll throw them in the recycling.

8 comments:

Leslie said...

you are a very creative doodly girl!! i love the first one.

Grammie/Mom said...

do you multi-task? For example, listening to the teacher and doodling at the same time? You are learning aren't you? Just had to ask that my dearie!

Quincy said...

Yes, yes, I multitask and learn a lot - I've only gotten A's and B's for this quarter and last quarter.

ColeAndJosephine said...

This made me laugh. I always got in so much trouble for doodling in class, but they were my best drawings at that time! Anyway, I use art way more than I use algebra now! But I wish I had payed attention in Spanish...

Dan said...

You are the doodle-Queen, and with what you've accomplished in school this year, I'd say...keep on Doodlin'!
Te extraño mucho. Love, Dad

K Soucy said...

I was and in class doodler myself. Now I just doodle at PTA meetings. Can't remember where, but recently I read that some people actually absorb more of a lecture when they are also using a different part of their brain to draw. I think doodlers are right brained.

Anonymous said...

you are a very creative girl with a certain spark...keep drawing - you never know where it will take you!

come see my site sometime too!
ciao bella

Tammie Lee said...

I enjoy seeing all these doodles. I think you are right, great art in doodles from class!