Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Reading Chair

For my art class homework assignment we're supposed to draw a chair from observation. Seemed kind of odd, I'm so used to her being so vague about our assignments like: Draw something using inspiration from this word/phrase or this wrapper or this peice of chocolate and then leaving the rest up to us. But yesterday she said: draw a chair in your house from observation with pencil. I'm like, atleast I don't have to spend so much time thinking about what to draw, and It wasn't hard to pick which chair I was going to draw. Its the chair i spend hours reading in. :) 





9 comments:

Dutchbaby said...

Very nice! I love the book in progress, the framed fish and great reading light, but I love the crumpled pillows most. They look like they've hugged you for many, many hours.

Leslie said...

you did an amazing job. i love it.

xinex said...

Great job!! A for sure!...Christine

Lisa @ Fern Creek Cottage said...

Great drawing! Looks like a very comfy chair to sit and have a good read. I need one of those.

prashant said...

They look like they've hugged you for many, many hours.

Work from home India

Grammie/Mom said...

Oh, I know that corner. I've seen you in that chair doing one of the things you like to do...that's right READ!! This turned out so well and I like your new header too. Are the kids supposed to be anyone you know?

Unknown said...

Looks like the kind of chair I like to curl up with a good book in. ;-)

Lynne (lynnesgiftsfromtheheart) said...

What an amazing talent you have. I love it...looks perfect to curl up in...hugs ~lynne~

Dan said...

You've really captured that big chair of ours. You were only 8 years old when we bought it! Nice drawing. I miss you, Quincy.